Travelers have a knack for trying things that are adventurous and exciting. Backpacking is a perfect solution for those who are looking for a sprinkle of thrill to satisfy their daredevil hearts and souls.
Backpacking is an amalgamation of hiking and camping. For trekkers, treacherous paths are a sight for sore eyes. Similarly, for campers, an ideal spot for setting their tents is in the midst of nature. Backpacking offers them a chance for both.
As the word itself suggests, the most important thing for backpacking is ? a backpack. For the women who love adventure, the best hiking backpack for women offers enough space to keep all the life essentials during your hike and stay protected in the middle of nowhere.
If you have the slightest hint about backpacking, then you would have probably wondered how a person carries a tent, stove, clothes, food, and other such things so conveniently. This is where the best hiking backpacks for women come in.
The best hiking backpack for women has enough space to carry everything but is light and comfortable on the shoulders. After probing every strap and surveying every pocket, we have come up with a guide for the best hiking backpacks for women.
Whether you are a beginner or have been doing backpacking for decades, we have got backpacks for all your needs. We have got you covered with our best hiking backpack for women guide for all your backpacking requirements.
Here?s a list of the top 15 best hiking backpacks for women available in the market.
Top 15 Best Hiking Backpacks For Women 2023
1. Osprey Mira 22 Backpack
Deluxe women’s-specific day-hiking hydration pack with an integrated reservoir and rain cover
Osprey offers this backpack for best-in-class performance and ample comfort, support, and space. The torso-adjustable fit gives you stability even when the bag is loaded up to the brim. You can carry this backpack through all kinds of environmental conditions, and it would not fail you.
The backpack has a capacity of 22 liters with premium fabric. The mesh and rich fabric provide ventilation at all times. The bag comes with a special hydration compartment with the Osprey Hydraulics LT 2.5L Reservoir by Hydrapak. Every strap is adjustable and is designed, keeping in mind the comfort of the user.
With a Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole attachment loop and an integrated rain cover, you can take this backpack anywhere without having to worry about any kind of damage. The women-specific sizing and fit make it a must-have for all venturesome females.
- Special hydration compartment having Osprey Hydraulics LT 2.5L Reservoir by Hydrapak
- 3D-tensioned open mesh AirSpeed back panel for proper ventilation
- Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole attachment
- Magnetic closure and bite valve attachment
- Dual compression straps both on the upper and lower side
- Heat-embossed and scratch-resistant zipper pockets
- Integrated rain cover
- Multiple pockets
- Comfortable back support
- The water pack is a great addition.
- Suitable for 2 to 3 days hikes
- It comes in limited color-schemes only.
- It is a little pricey for a daypack.
- It is a tad bit bulky.
2. Osprey Mira 32
Deluxe women’s-specific hydration pack with an integrated reservoir and rain cover for longer days or carrying more gear
Like the other Osprey backpacks, this bag comes with a dedicated hydration space with Hydraulics LT 2.5 Reservoir. The bag has a capacity of 32 liters. Suitable for longer treks considering its volume, it can carry all your life essentials while you plan to stay away from home.
This backpack has a dedicated trekking pole attachment, so you would not have to carry your pole in your hands at all times. The zippered hip pockets on both sides allow you to keep the things you need regularly handy.
The mesh design provides proper ventilation and keeps the bag fresh at all times. The large front panel pocket helps you to organize your stuff neatly. All the straps are adjustable. It is one of the best hiking backpacks for women with ample space and comfort.
- Adjustable AirSpeed suspension
- Osprey Hydraulics LT 2.5L reservoir for storing water
- Large mesh stretch pocket in the front for better organization
- Ice Tool Loops with Bungee Tie-Offs to carry all essential tools
- Dual-zippered hip-belt pockets
- Scratch-free and heat-embossed zippered pockets
- Stow-On-The-Go Trekking Pole Attachment
- Integrated rain cover
- 3D-tensioned open mesh for proper ventilation
- Great backpack with more storage capacity
- Comfortable on the back and shoulders all day long
- Suitable for longer treks
- Good airflow keeps the back cool at all times.
- Comfortable straps and padding
- The water compartment is a great addition.
- The bite valve might need replacement from time to time as it wears out pretty quickly.
- The hip pockets are difficult to open and close, and their small size is not suitable for many essential items.
- It is quite expensive.
3. Osprey Tempest Backpack
Women’s specific fit in the perfect day hiking, biking, and peak bagging carry solution.
One of the most reliable and adaptable hiking backpacks in the market, the Osprey Tempest Women?s Hiking Backpack is ideal for short day hikes with its 20 liters capacity. The carry system is comfortable and stable, courtesy of the Bio-stretch harness and a continuous wrap hip-belt.
With an updated AirScape back panel, keep your back cool and comfortable throughout the entire hike. The fabric is breathable and of premium quality. The multiple pockets on all sides of the backpack provide you with enough storage for all your day trek essentials.
This backpack has an external hydration sleeve and has to be bought separately, unlike the more oversized Osprey backpacks with an internal hydration compartment. With a dedicated helmet attachment, keep your helmet secure after a nice bicycle ride. This hiking backpack is perfect for daring women.
- Dual-zippered access to the primary storage compartment
- External hydration sleeve that can store up to 3 liters of water
- Adjustable shoulder harness for support and comfort
- Stretch mesh pockets on both sides
- Stow-On-The-Go Trekking Pole Attachment
- Lid-lock helmet attachment for your bicycle helmets
- Bio-stretch harness and hip belt for comfort
- Inside out compression straps
- Ice Tool Loop With Bungee Tie-Offs to keep essential tools handy
- AirScape back panel for ventilation
- Ideal daypack for short treks and excursions
- Comfortable on the back and shoulders
- Plenty of pockets for organizing stuff
- Handy and easy to carry
- Water support is not good enough.
- The AirScape panel provides support, but you will still end up being a bit sweaty.
- It is not suitable for anyone who is too skinny.
- The hip belt is too short.
4. High Sierra Summit
High Sierra Summit Top Load Internal Frame Backpack is specifically designed for the petite frames of women. With an adjustable single contoured aluminum frame, it is a versatile overnight backpack perfect for active women who love to hike.
A large capacity of 45 liters gives you plenty of storage with multiple pockets on all sides. This backpack comes with designated loops and spaces to keep all your hiking and mountaineering tools. It is made from sturdy ballistic nylon that is water-resistant and keeps your gear dry.
The back has molded foam for extra comfort and support. The panel also allows proper airflow to keep your back dry and cool. The adjustable straps and compression help secure your gear and stabilize the backpack while on the move.
The load-lifters on the shoulder straps disburse the weight and make portability safe and convenient. This backpack is perfect for women on an adventure as it has a huge capacity that is enough to hold all essentials. This versatile pack serves you well on long expeditions.
- A combination of 1680D Ballistic fabric and 300 x 250-denier Duralite Mini-hexagon Ripstop provide water-resistance
- Adjustable single contoured aluminum frame bar
- Large top-load compartment
- Multiple mesh pockets
- Padded straps with compression
- Adjustable load-lifters constructed with Hex-Vent mesh
- Molded foam back with airflow
- Adjustable waist-belt
- Tuck-away rain cover
- Excellent padding that provides ample support
- Rugged quality provides durability.
- Bright yellow straps for emergency visibility
- Separate compartments for sleeping bag and shoes
- Plenty of storage for gear as well as food
- If you load up the backpack to the top, the pouch on the top hangs and exposes the inside of the bag, no matter how much you adjust it.
- The water holes are too thin, causing trouble in adjusting the water pack hose.
- The hanging straps can be annoying while on a long trek.
5. Osprey Daylite Plus Daypack
The one small, do-all bag you can use on any trip with a little more storage
The Daylite Plus Daypack is designed by Osprey as a pod pack for other bigger travel bags from the brand. With its 20 liters capacity, this bag can be attached with other bags and used as a backpack on short trips from the base camp.
You can easily access the large central compartment with a zippered top. The stretchy mesh pockets on both sides of the backpack provide more storage. The sleeve on the inside is versatile and multifunctional. It can store the hydration reservoir or a tablet easily.
The shove-it pocket on the front gives you an option to keep a few smaller regular-use things handy and reachable. The foam panel on the back is designed to provide comfort, ventilation, and support to the wearer. With a decent capacity, it is an excellent daypack for women with its multifunctionality.
- A huge panel-loading central compartment
- Compatible with a variety of bigger Osprey backpacks
- Hydration pocket on the inside for the water reservoir
- Laptop sleeve
- Dual-side mesh pockets
- Front pocket with mesh organizer and key clip
- Spacer mesh shoulder straps with an integrated handle
- Multifunctional inner sleeve
- Vertical zippered front pocket
- Fabric shove-it front pocket
- Mesh-covered die-cut foam back panel for ventilation and support
- Comfortable and easy on the back and shoulders.
- The stuff-it pocket is a plus.
- The laptop sleeve can store up to a 15-inch laptop.
- The proper ventilation keeps your back dry and cool.
- There could have been more slack in the straps.
- The belly band is not detachable and can be annoying.
- The extra slack of the straps has no place to be stored, and they remain hanging.
- The straps are too narrow and short.
6. Sunhiker Hiking Backpack
For light and comfortable travel, Sunhiker Small Cycling Hiking Backpack is your best companion with a storage volume of around 20 to 25 liters. Ideal for a women?s petite frame, this backpack is made from tear-resistant and strong nylon fabric that is highly durable.
The backpack is water-resistant, durable, and comfortable. It serves you long-term without any complaints. The shoulder straps are made of breathable mesh material, which provides relief to the shoulders and makes long-distance hiking comfortable.
The multiple compartments on the backpack are perfect for keeping all your essentials, and you would still be left with ample space, thanks to the massive capacity. The zippers are strong and of superior quality, built to last. This bag is perfect for small adventures and day hikes, camping, and other outdoor sports, and is ideal for a woman?s small frame.
- Tear-resistant nylon fabric
- Scratch-resistant material
- Breathable mesh straps for comfort
- Multiple compartments for storage
- Durable whistle buckle with high-quality zippers
- Bottle-holders on both sides
- Ideal for camping, cycling, hiking, and climbing
- Amazing colors
- Outer pockets for water bottles with straps to secure the bottles.
- Ample space even with a small size
- Comfortable fit
- There is no handy pouch for cell phones and other small items.
- The bottom waist strap is too small.
- The front zipper pouch is too small as well and cannot be used for many things.
7. Bseash Hiking Backpack
If you like to keep a lot of things while on an adventure, then this trekking bag from Bseash. It has a massive storage of 60 liters that can accommodate all your essentials and even more.
The backpack is made from a blend of polyester and nylon. It is specially designed for all types of traveling and adventure enthusiasts. The ergonomic padded shoulder straps and back padding provide support and comfort while you walk the hard miles.
The bag is large and spacious and does not have an internal frame. The main compartment has a drawstring design that provides a tight closure to keep your items from falling. It also has an inner pocket for a water bladder.
It comes with eight adjustable straps that can effectively tie the sleeping bag, hang the bag in the woods, and secure other essential camping and trekking gear. The backpack comes with a rain cover to protect the bag from dust and water. With the massive storage, this is one of the best hiking backpacks for women.
- Ultralight with a weight of 0.95 kg
- Durable and high-quality rip-stop polyester and nylon fabric material
- Eight multipurpose adjustable straps
- Water-resistant and dust-proof material
- Drawstring closure for keeping your items secure
- Separate shoe storage pouch
- Multiple spacious pockets
- Suitable for all kinds of traveling adventures
- Comfortable straps
- Stylish looks
- Massive space with multiple pockets
- Proper back support
- At an affordable price, this backpack is a steal.
- The zippers are not sturdy and durable enough and might break too easily.
- The material is not as durable as they say.
- The straps might detach or break when the backpack is heavily loaded.
8. Fengdong Backpack
Fengdong has designed this compact and comfortable backpack with a capacity of 40 liters. When you don?t need the bag, you can easily fold it into its own pocket and unfold it whenever you need it.
The sponge padding on the shoulder straps makes them comfortable and breathable. It helps to keep your back and shoulders relaxed at all times. The backpack has a nylon lining and is made from extra-thick, tear-resistant, anti-abrasion, and waterproof polyester fabric.
Every stress point on this bag has been reinforced with bar tacking to ensure durability and sturdiness. The backpack has enough capacity to keep all the necessary stuff for a few days of trekking and camping.
The backpack?s entire body is ergonomically designed and provides comfort and support even with a fully loaded pack. You can conveniently organize all your things in their multiple pockets. It is an ideal solution for all your backpacking needs.
- Extra thick, tear and water-resistant, abrasion-proof, and durable polyester fabric
- Breathable ergonomic mesh padding for comfort and ventilation
- Large capacity with multiple compartments
- It has an easily-foldable compact design when not in use.
- Comfortable shoulder straps
- Lightweight at 1.9 pounds of weight
- Perfect for hiking, camping, and adventure sports
- It has enough room for all the necessary items.
- Supportive padding
- It fits perfectly with the body once adjusted.
- The waist and abdominal straps make the load feel lighter.
- Affordable and value for money
- Many people do not like this two-zippered design.
- The zippers are not as durable as the others in the market.
- The folding of the backpack might leave permanent crease marks on the fabric.
- The pockets are smaller than other backpacks.
9. Osprey Lumina 60 Women’s Backpack
Women?s-specific, for the most audacious super ultralight excursions and thru-hikes
Specifically designed for women, the Osprey Lumina Women?s Ultralight Backpack has a streamlined and compact design that gives it stylish looks. With a massive storage volume of around 60 liters, it is a woman?s best buddy while on a multiple day trekking and camping venture.
It comes with a fixed top lid and multiple zippered pockets for organizing all your essentials. The bellowed front fabric is made for storing rain gear for easy accessibility. The dual fabric water-holding compartments are conveniently accessible too.
With multiple attachments and adjustable straps, you can hold your stuff well-organized and secured in this spacious backpack. It is made from a light wire frame that keeps the shape intact even when the bag is empty.
NanoFly fabric integrates ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene (UHMWPE. ripstop and Cordura Nylon, resulting in a sturdy, durable, and water-resistant material capable of handling all types of wear and tear. The stylish looks and lightweight make this backpack a worthy option on our best hiking backpack for women guide.
- Fixed and zippered top lid for storing small items
- Bellowed front fabric for keeping rain gear handy
- Dual-side bottle compartments
- Removable InsideOut compression cord
- NanoFly fabric with ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) ripstop and Cordura Nylon
- 3.5 mm Lightwire internal frame
- 3D tensioned mesh back panel for support and ventilation
- Top lid cord-loop attachment loops for connecting external gear and equipment
- Sternum strap with integrated safety whistle
- Extremely comfortable
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Durable fabric that is tear-resistant, abrasion-resistant, and water-resistant
- The flap on the top keeps your stuff secure as well as safe.
- Attractive looks
- There are no hip belt pockets to keep small items.
- The fabric is too thin.
- The lighter color fabric that is available for this pack is difficult to clean if it gets dirty.
10. Osprey Renn 65
Women’s specific, ventilated, easy-to-use, highly adjustable packs for weekend trips
The Osprey Renn Backpack is an ideal bag for adventure-seeking females. With a vast storage capacity of 65-liters, it is light and reliable in all types of environments. This bag has been thoughtfully created, keeping a woman?s anatomy in mind.
The straps and belts are all shaped, designed, and contoured to cater to a female?s body. This backpack has adequate ventilation with the AirSpeed back panel, which keeps the wearer?s back cool and dry even after walking for hours.
It comes with a zippered sleeping bag compartment at the bottom with a floating divider. The inside of the bag has a hydration reservoir sleeve perfect for keeping up to a 3-liter reservoir. With an integrated rain cover and customizable fit, it is an ideal backpack for weekend trips.
- Ventilated and comfortable AirSpeed back panel
- Intuitive torso adjustment system
- Fixed top lid with zippered pocket
- Dual upper and lower side compression straps
- Zippered sleeping bag compartment with a floating divider
- Removable sleeping bag straps
- Dual mesh side pockets
- Zippered hip belt pockets
- Integrated removable rain cover
- Rugged fabric
- Comfortable to carry
- Adjustable according to one?s body
- Very spacious
- Included rain cover
- It has only limited latching points for additional gear on the outside.
- The pockets are fewer than other packs in the market.
- The waist padding is less comfortable as compared to the entire bag.
11. Osprey Aura AG 65
Incredible Anti-Gravity comfort & robust feature set for overnight or weeklong trips
For traditional backpacking trips, the Osprey Aura AG Women?s Backpack is one of the best hiking backpacks for women. It has a comfortable fitting with the adjustable harness and Fit-on-the-Fly hip belt.
A huge storage volume of 65 liters gives you ample space for all your travel gear and other essentials.
This bag comes with an anti-gravity suspension that gives you the feeling that you are carrying the lightest weight on your shoulders. The top lid is floating and removable. It is zippered and has web attachment points.
On the inside, there is a water reservoir sleeve, capable of accommodating a reservoir of up to 3 liters. The front stretch pocket is suitable for storing rain gear and other essential items. With a variety of colors available, this backpack is perfect for venturesome women.
- Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole attachment
- Top lid pockets with zippers
- Dual ice tool loops with bungee tie-offs
- Big mesh pocket on the front
- Removable sleeping pad straps
- Sternum strap with safety whistle
- Double-zippered front pockets for additional storage
- Comfortable on the shoulders and back
- Completely adjustable for the perfect fit according to your needs
- Balances all the weight of the backpack
- Ventilated mesh on the back for proper ventilation keeps your back cool and sweat-free
- Quite spacious
- It is heavier than other backpacks in the same segment.
- The hip belt has less padding as compared to the shoulders and back.
12. Teton Sports Oasis
Satisfy your thirst for adventure with the Teton Sports Oasis 1100 Hydration Pack that is spacious, lightweight, and comfortable. This backpack is an ideal companion for all your treks, day trips, camping expeditions, and other adventures because of its small storage volume of around 18 liters.
The fascinating inclusion is the free hydration bladder that has a 2-liter capacity. It comes with a kink-free sip tube, and push-lock cushioned bite valve. This backpack is suitable for anyone and everyone who loves adventure.
With a notched foam stabilizer and a mesh covering, you can wear this backpack for hours without feeling any pain or tiredness. It has a large central compartment for all your stuff and a Bungee cord system for cycling and climbing helmets. For those who seek thrill, this backpack is their perfect buddy for every journey.
- Lightweight and comfortable design
- Free 2-liter hydration bladder with kink-free sip tube and push-lock cushioned bite valve.
- Adjustable straps
- Notched foam stabilizer and mesh covering for comfort
- Large main compartment
- Bungee cord system for cycling and climbing helmets
- Rugged material
- Sturdy and reliable
- Lightweight and compact
- Suitable for anyone with a small frame
- The ventilation system keeps you dry.
- It is not as comfortable for the shoulders and back as the other backpacks on this guide.
- The zippers are not durable.
- The hydration bladder is of average quality and is not reliable.
13. The North Face Recon Backpack
The North Face Recon Backpack is a sturdy bag suitable for women and comes in a wide array of colors. It is made with ballistic nylon fabric that remains intact even after rough use through the years.
This 30-liter backpack is ideally sized for women and has a front stash pocket for improved organization. The main compartment is large and spacious, with a secure pocket for holding your laptop.
The Flex Vent technology on the shoulder straps make them flexible and distribute the entire weight evenly on the shoulders. The padded back panel provides comfortable support to the back and helps in proper ventilation.
With multiple pockets and a comfortable fit, this backpack is your ideal companion for trekking, camping, climbing, and other adventurous activities. The bag is reliable and stands through the test of time so that you never stop exploring.
- Ballistic nylon fabric with polyester lining
- 15-inch shoulder drop
- Zipper compartments
- Stretch front stash pocket for improved organization
- Spacious and secure laptop sleeve
- FlexVent Suspension system for flexible and comfortable shoulder straps
- Padded mesh breathable lumbar panel for ventilation
- Dual multi-use mesh pockets
- External fleece-lined pocket for electronics
- Sternum strap with whistle buckle for added support
- Reflective details
- The shape is perfect for the proper distribution of weight.
- The chest and waist straps provide a lot of support.
- Comfortable fitting
- Breathable material to keep you dry
- Spacious compartments
- Multiple color options
- It does not look as stylish as the other backpacks on the guide.
- The weight is noticeable when you hang the backpack.
- When loaded and kept on the ground, the backpack falls on its face mostly.
- It does not include a rain cover.
14. G4Free 45L Hiking Travel Backpack
This travel backpack is lightweight and roomy with multiple compartments to keep all your stuff correctly organized. The two main compartments have a zipper closure to keep your things safe. A storage volume of 45 liters is enough for all the things needed for an overnight adventure.
One compartment has a water bladder exit to keep a reservoir while on the go. With nine adjustable straps, you can adjust it perfectly according to your body anatomy. The straps also come in handy to tie up a sleeping bag or hang the backpack in the woods. The expansible mesh pockets are suitable for keeping water bottles and umbrellas.
This backpack is made from water and dust resistant ripstop nylon fabric that is durable and stands through all the wear and tear. It comes with a rain cover to keep your items dry in case the sky pours down during your hike.
The open-cell foam lumbar pad provides ample support to the back so that your body remains relaxed even on long hikes and treks. The breathable shoulder straps have sponge padding for extra comfort. Overall, it is an excellent backpack for adventure enthusiasts.
- Ripstop nylon fabric for sturdiness
- Zipper closure for all compartments
- Multiple pockets for better organization of things
- Nine multi-purpose adjustable straps
- Lightweight at 2.2 pounds of weight and spacious
- Dual mesh pockets
- Durable and waterproof
- Thick padded shoulder straps and back panel for support
- Holds up well even after rough treatment
- Large and Spacious
- The integrated rain cover is a bonus.
- It comes in a lot of color options.
- The fabric is lighter and thinner than expected.
- The zippers tend to get stuck in the flaps of the backpack.
- The hip belt pockets are not spacious enough to fit in a cell phone.
15. Rupumpack Insulated Hydration Backpack Pack
A perfect day pack for short hikes and treks with a storage volume of 18 liters, Rumupack Insulated Hydration Backpack comes with a 2.5-liter hydration bladder, which is an incredible addition while on a long outdoor adventure. The hydration insulation layer is made of high-quality aluminum foil that keeps the liquid cool for hours.
It has uniquely designed compartments with two additional pockets on the wide waist straps for keeping your mobile and other things of regular use handy. An open compartment in the front gives you the option of keeping your hat, umbrella, or wet towel in the open yet in the backpack.
The ventilated mesh padding is added to the back panel, shoulder straps, and waist straps for extra support and comfort while walking through rough terrains. The nylon fabric is sturdy and water-resistant. With reflectors on the shoulder straps, this backpack is ideal for regular use and is super reliable.
- Ideal for regular use
- Hydration bladder included with an insulated hydration sleeve.
- Unique and spacious compartment design
- Ventilated shoulder and back padding
- Heavy-duty hidden-teeth zippers
- Safety reflectors
- Premium-quality neoprene tube cover resists temperature changes in hot and cold weather.
- Tons of space
- The hydration reservoir works well.
- Insulated bladder
- Multiple pockets
- Sturdy and durable
- Value for money
- The waist compartments are not spacious enough to hold a mobile phone.
- The added whistle is just a gimmick, and it doesn?t work most of the time.
- If the hydration reservoir is full, there is not much space left for anything else in the backpack.
- After adjustments, a lot of extra straps are left dangling with no space to keep them.
Factors To Consider Before Buying The Best Hiking Backpack For Women
We all know the value of having proper equipment while going on a long trek or camping for a few days. The most crucial piece of gear is a backpack. There are various factors to be considered before buying the best hiking backpack for women. These factors are explained as under:
While looking for an ideal hiking backpack for women, weight is an important consideration. After adding the four main components of backpacking into the bag ? sleeping bag, sleeping pad, shelter, and water reservoir ? you must distribute the weight evenly for easy portability.
A lighter backpack ensures that the weight of the bag itself does not hamper your experience. After loading it to the top, the weight must be easy to carry considering the long hours of walking involved in backpacking adventures.
2. Internal Frame
A less bulky frame is suitable if you buy a lighter backpack. The structure ensures the stability of the bag. A good bag is designed with modern materials, a thinner frame, and a stylish design.
The frame decides the weight that you can carry in a backpack. A simple frame can carry up to a weight of 35 pounds. If you are planning to carry more load, then you should look for a sturdier frame.
Good lightweight backpacks have two kinds of materials ? ripstop nylon with polyester or nylon lining(which is heavier and cheaper) and Cuben fiber, which is lighter but much more pricey.
Both the materials are incredibly durable and reliable, and you can pick either of the two depending on the amount you are willing to spend on your backpack.
The load you would carry in your backpack depends on the number of days you are planning to spend away from home. Roughly a 40 liters backpack is suitable for a short trip of 3 to 4 days.
Be cautious while picking a backpack with a bigger volume, as eventually, you will be the one to carry all that load through rough terrains for days.
5. Design and Comfort
A good backpack aims to carry all your stuff comfortably. Style is an added benefit. Check the number of compartments, straps, zippers, hydration reservoir, and if a rain cover is included or not. Choose the best backpack which satisfies all your needs.
Hiking backpacks can come in a variety of lengths, sizes, and widths. Check the size of your body and the bag before finally selecting one.
It might seem like a small detail, but measuring your body is necessary if you want a comfortable and supportive backpack. Always remember to take proper measurements of your torso, shoulders, and hips before buying a backpack.
The measurements help you to decide whether you need an extra-small, small, medium, large, or extra-large backpack according to your body anatomy. A good bag keeps your body relaxed and ensures that you don?t get too tired while on a long journey.
All eventually boils down to the price. It entirely depends on how much money you are willing to invest in buying a backpack. The more the features, the higher the cost. Decide on a budget before buying a backpack. A good investment ensures that the bag would last long.
Premium hiking backpacks can cost a lot. If you have to buy other things like a sleeping bag, a shelter, and a sleeping pad, make sure that you decide your budget accordingly because these things can actually cost a fortune if not purchased carefully.
Best Hiking Backpacks For Women – Your choice?
Backpacks are essential for feeding a traveler’s soul. A good bag ensures that you would have a memorable trip through the woods and mountains. For all the adventure junkies out there, buying an ideal backpack is the key to enjoy your expeditions.
Women?s packs vary significantly from men?s backpacks. After assessing all your needs and taking all the measurements, make sure that you pick the best backpack that aids your needs on a long treacherous journey through rough terrains.
Always remember to keep comfort over everything else as long journeys away from home could lead to a lot of tiredness and exhaustion if the gear is not right. Everything else must come second to comfort and support.
So what are you waiting for? Grab your wallets, stuff, and sleeping bags, and pick the best hiking backpack for women now.
FAQs on Hiking Backpacks For Women
Q1. What Is The Difference Between Unisex Bags And Women?s Hiking Backpacks?
Men and women are built differently. Men can carry a backpack with a relatively higher volume and size as compared to women. The shorter length of the back is what separates a women?s gear from a unisex bag.
The shorter length is designed to support the shorter torso of women. You also might find extra padding on the waist and hip belt in a women?s backpack to make it more comfortable on the hip bones.
Q2. What Is The Average Back Length Of A Women?s Hiking Backpack?
An average women?s backpack has a back length of approximately 15 to 20 inches, which is a wee bit shorter than unisex bags.
Q3. How Much Weight Should A Petite Traveler Carry On His/Her Back?
It is recommended to carry a weight of not more than 70 liters if you have a smaller frame. This is because if someone adds more weight, it could cause strain on the back, resulting in severe injuries. An injury is the last thing you want while you are on an adventure.
Q4. Is There A Difference In The Straps Of A Women?s Hiking Backpack As Compared To A Unisex Backpack?
Yes, there is a slight difference in the straps of a women?s backpack. The shoulder straps are specially designed to fit around the chest comfortably. This is not seen in unisex bags, which have standard straps.
Q5. Why Is It Necessary To Take Measurements Of Your Body Before Buying A Hiking Backpack?
Measuring the body is something that people often ignore while one looks for a good hiking backpack. Even if you are an average height person, it does not mean your torso length would be the same.
This step helps decide whether to invest in a small, medium, large, or extra-large bag. Always check a brand?s sizing guide before buying a backpack. In addition to the torso, measure your shoulder and hip span as well.
It helps you to choose a backpack that would perfectly fit with your body to give support and comfort at all times.
Q6. Is A Woman?s Hiking Backpack Suitable For A Man?
As discussed already, the only difference between a woman?s hiking backpack and a men?s backpack is the torso length and shoulder and hip span.
If a man has a petite or small frame, he can look for a backpack from women?s hiking backpacks too.